Alzheimer’s and dementia memory care.
Nationally recognized care for loved ones with memory loss.
Tranquility and safety for your loved one. Peace of mind for you. Memory care at Cypress Village helps preserve everything that brings meaning and order to your family.
Compassionate care that families trust.
We provide a secure and comfortable setting specially designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Your loved one will flourish with life-affirming activities and personalized care that matches where they are in their memory loss journey.
In the Cypress Village Memory Care Neighborhood, residents benefit from the unique and innovative Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS offers people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias the care, respect, dignity and quality of life loved ones want for them.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS is a nationally recognized, person centered, activity-focused program that is grounded in the knowledge that the abilities that remain for an individual impacted by Alzheimer’s or other dementias are much more important than what is lost. By leveraging this specialized dementia care, we help loved ones capture a lasting legacy about each resident’s family, their friends, career, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and then apply these insights to individualized programming for the resident. Through this program, we focus on each resident’s unique abilities, enriching lives and creating success stories one small victory at a time.
What your loved one can expect:
- Industry-leading, personalized memory care, including specialized Alzheimer’s care
- Help with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing and medication management
- Art, music and pet therapy
- Access to appropriate community amenities such as salon, spa, movie lounge, Life Station Skill Center, country kitchen, outdoor patio, walking trails and Lake Cypress
- Enjoyable small-cluster group activities
- Frequent community outings for maximum enrichment
- Aromatherapy to engage the senses
- Tablet to stay connected with friends and family members
Benefits for your loved one:
- Promotes dignity and a sense of pride and accomplishment in day-to-day activities
- Encourages engaged eating with specialized diets
- Supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being
- Reduces fear, anxiety and frustration
Benefits for you:
- Provides the comfort of knowing your loved one has the best quality of life possible
- Allows you to return to the loving relationship you once shared
- Gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time together
- Supports you and your family with resources, counseling and other services
Featured floor plan.
Memory care services and amenities include.
- All-inclusive monthly fee for care, living and dining costs
- 24-hour nursing care
- Maintenance-free residence
- Chef-prepared meals meet many dietary needs such as pureed, low sodium, no sodium and thickened liquids
- Access to On-site healthcare which is 5-star rated and JCHAO-accredited
- On-site wellness center, including dentist, podiatrist, audiologist and outpatient therapy services
- Maintenance-free residence
- Scheduled transportation with frequent outings
- Housekeeping and flat linen service provided weekly
- 24-hour nursing care and emergency pendant alert system
- Expanded basic cable
- Utilities (except phone and internet), Wi-Fi access
- Life stations skill center, outdoor scenic patio, stocked fishing pond and many other amenities
Frequently asked questions.
What is the benefit of memory care vs. in-home care?
Memory care at Cypress Village provides a specially designed, whole-person approach to Alzheimer’s care and dementia care. Residents live in a warm and friendly, family-like community with the safety of 24-hour onsite security and the compassionate care of highly trained personnel who implement proven memory care programs that encourage and celebrate remaining abilities. It would be virtually impossible to duplicate this level of round-the-clock safety, sense of community and socialization, and specific expertise in Alzheimer’s care by using an in-home care service.
What types of activities are designed to engage residents with dementia or memory problems?
The most effective activities for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias are highly structured activities and routines that help maintain abilities and encourage the use of current skills. Programs such as discussion groups to promote mental agility and physical exercise such as dancing can be powerful in providing enjoyable and meaningful experiences. Ultimately all activities should provide memory care residents with a sense of purpose and a feeling of security.
Want a peek into some of the activities someone in memory care would do? Read about the stylish gifts people with dementia can make for family and friends.
Assisted Living vs. Memory Care. What’s the difference?
While both assisted living and memory care provide assistance with the activities of daily living, such as help with bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance, memory care at Cypress Village offers a specific type of compassionate care that is specially designed for those with memory impairment. Each member of our memory care team is trained in the specialized skills needed to provide excellent Alzheimer’s care and dementia care. After initial training, they then participate in continuing education courses to remain current in best practices.